Multi Select Lookup in MS CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a requirement to create a multi select lookup from in CRM 2011 and after some research came to know that there is no supported way for it. I tried using activity entity and understood that there is no partylist data type field. Any possible solution?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I did not say you will get partylist field data type, you can't create custom partylist attribute.

but when you will create custom activity type entity, it will create multiple partylist attribute, that you can reuse for your requirement

Mahain : Check My Blog
    Follow me on Twitter
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:35 AM

All replies

• I believe in many cases the 1:N relationship can provide in CRM 2011 what used to be done through the partylist data type in CRM 4.  That's why partylist is not available as a type any more.  Perhaps you could elaborate on why this will not suffice for what you want to do?
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:17 PM
  • Hi JBlaeske,

Thanks for the reply. I displayed list of project entities(custom entity) related to a contact in a portal. Now i have a requirement to relate the project entities with multiple contacts and display in the portal.As it is a custom entity n:n is not possible so I am trying out different possibilities

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 2:22 PM
  • Hi Boopesh:

I am not aware of anything in the CRM relationship design that would prevent you from creating your N:N relationship between contact and your custom project entity.  Is there some other reason the N:N relationship would not work for you?

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 3:22 PM
  • Hi,

if you will create a custom activity type entity you will get partylist fields there, you can try to map those with your requirement, we have used custome activity type entity for our requirement where we need multiple entity lookup.

Follow me on Twitter
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 3:28 PM
  • Hi Mahender,

I followed the steps mentioned by you like creating an activity entity and not displaying in the activity menu but there is no party list data type in the new field form.Am I missing something ?

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:16 AM
  • Hi,

I did not say you will get partylist field data type, you can't create custom partylist attribute.

but when you will create custom activity type entity, it will create multiple partylist attribute, that you can reuse for your requirement

Follow me on Twitter

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:35 AM
  • Hi Mahender,

Thanks for the info. But if i need to map another custom entity in CC lookup instead of the default entities how can we acheive this?

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:07 AM
  • Unfortunately there is no supported way to do that.

Follow me on Twitter

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:18 AM