ASP.NET custom control library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an ASP.NET web forms application. In my main project I have a project reference to a custom controls class library (fwCommonWebControls.dll). When I run the app in IE then built in script debugger flags an error whenever an instance of one of my custom controls is created:

$create(fwCommonWebControls.ctlComboBox, null, null, null, $get("mainContent_cbxProjectFilter"));

produces the error: 

SCRIPT5009: 'fwCommonWebControls' is undefined 

As far as i can see, i have all the required references to my class library, everything compiles, and if i ignore the error the page loads fine and the controls work. My real problem comes because i have an AJAX Toolkit ModalPopupExtender, which, when i click the button run the popup, gives me the same error and doesnt launch the popup.

Stranger still is that after a couple of clicks the ModalPopupExtender works!!

Please help, I am no ASP expert and this is driving me nuts!

I am using VS2013 .NET 4.5 running IIS Express

Justin Davenport

• Moved by Tina-Shi Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:34 AM the issue is related to the asp.net
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 12:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Justin,

Thank you for posting in MSND forum.

Since this forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

As you said this issue, since it is related to this ASP.NET, so I suggest you can post this issue directly to this ASP.NET forum:http://forums.asp.net/ , you will get better support from this ASP.NET experts.

Thanks for your understating.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, May 22, 2015 10:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by Soundbomber Tuesday, May 26, 2015 11:08 AM
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 6:43 AM