ocs 2007 installation not successfull RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody

im new to this forum so please be patient with me if i made any mistakes. I have just install OCS 2007 and had an issue with the create enterprise pool step. The AD prep went fine but when i reach create enterprise pool step i have this error on the log saying

Warning
    [0x03EC7885] Specified database does not exists.

Connecting to SQL Server on sqlserver
    Failed to open database rtcconfig

now at this point i thought its because i didnt creat the rtcconfig database so i create it manually and it actually pick it up. But it came out with another error saying it cant find the store procedure dbo.getdbversion or something like that. it has been three days now that im stuck in this step. i have tried to find as much info i can on google unfortunately nobody seems to have this particular issue. If anybody knows how to fix this and could shed some light to me that would be really helpful. Thank you.

cheers
    HardWorkingITman
    Monday, July 14, 2008 5:17 AM

Answers

• hi guys

thanks for your replys... yes i have sql backend installed and its 2005 sp2 i also had the backend compatibality pack installed. I was finally able to figure out what is wrong with it. it was just on the step where i need to put the sql database that i made my mistake. Thank you for your help but i finally fixed it.

cheers
    Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Going for the basics...

OCS Enterprise edition needs a SQL "dedicated" machine (SQL standard or enterprise, not sql express).

Did you install SQL 2005 SP2?

Some keypoints about SQL installation:

- SQL server cant be installed on a computer that is running another OCS role (including the pool server)

- SQL server needs to be SQL 2005 with SP1 or SQL 2000 SP4 

Monday, July 14, 2008 10:01 AM
  • Also make sure you have the SQL 2005 backward compatibility pack installed on the Front-End.

Monday, July 14, 2008 8:09 PM
  • hi guys

thanks for your replys... yes i have sql backend installed and its 2005 sp2 i also had the backend compatibality pack installed. I was finally able to figure out what is wrong with it. it was just on the step where i need to put the sql database that i made my mistake. Thank you for your help but i finally fixed it.

cheers
    Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:28 AM