none
Bugs fixes estimates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

Is there a way to see a proposed schedule of bugs fixing? For instance, two bugs make my work with the forums very inconvenient.

1. All threads where I reply automatically show as unread. I don't want to re-open the threads where I replied in order to get them off from the 'Unread filter'. Do you know when this bug is going to be fixed?

2. I still have problems with my answers marking. Every day I lose from 60 to 120 points due to this bug. When it is finally going to be fixed?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 2:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• I hate to say it but in the Sticky thread, it says there is no guarantee that an issue will even GET fixed, much less when.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:32 PM
  • If MS can not get its main developers support forum fixed, when I don't think it conveys a good message about the company in general.

My blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:44 PM
  • Kamin is right. The regular conversations you have via fissues is as good as it gets.

It wouldn't work to post deadlines anyway. There are way too many dependencies... including entire platforms that other vendors own. Sometimes, to get a fix in means to wait for three platforms to upgrade so that the forums team can make a fix after that.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:50 PM
    Owner
  • I want to see if the bugs are going to be fixed at all and at least a time frame up to 3 months. One bug is here already more than 4 months. I keep sending samples of this bug. I don't hear anything back, so it's like sending into a big hole.

My blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:54 PM
  • I want to attach to this discussion as well.

Bugs can't be fixed easily but there's no problem to introduce new ones ? LOL

Is there a list of changes for the January update such that we do've some ideas what should work now or what new bugs we can expect.

the situation with the quality of Microsoft forums platform is extremely frustrating.

Friday, January 11, 2013 9:03 PM
  • Bugs can't be fixed easily but there's no problem to introduce new ones ? LOL
    Is there a list of changes for the January update such that we do've some ideas what should work now or what new bugs we can expect.

Actually this is exactly true.  Any time a change/fix is put in, it is possible that new bugs will be introduced.  And asking for a list of what bugs to expect is silly.  By definition they are not known until they are detected by users.  This is like asking how many unforseen problems will be encountered in a task.
    Friday, January 11, 2013 10:01 PM
  • Bugs can't be fixed easily but there's no problem to introduce new ones ? LOL

Actually this is exactly true.  Any time a change/fix is put in, it is possible that new bugs will be introduced.  And asking for a list of what bugs to expect is silly.  By definition they are not known until they are detected by users.  This is like asking how many unforseen problems will be encountered in a task.

Kamin,

I don't ask for a list of (future) bugs I'm asking for a list of changes implemented in the January update.

with that list of changes many of us get an impression what probably could get wrong because of our experience with the underlying technologies and the quality of the MS forums over the last few month.

I've never seen any announcement about beta tests of the MS forums update and therefore I'm asking myself how the software is tested before beeing released to the public.

If you're using MS software since several decades (10-20 years) you problably know the time where unstable products had been released and the users had been beta testers and the products had not been stable before the first service pack.

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:52 AM