none
win7 fails to connect to whs RRS feed

• Question

• After recent updates to either Win7 or WHS, my Win7 machine stopped connecting to WHS. The last successful backup happened 19 days ago. I have not done any hardware changes. I tried to reinstall connector; installation fails when configuring backups. Is there any logs which can help to detect the problem?

Thank you

Sunday, August 1, 2010 10:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• After recent updates to either Win7 or WHS, my Win7 machine stopped connecting to WHS. The last successful backup happened 19 days ago. I have not done any hardware changes. I tried to reinstall connector; installation fails when configuring backups. Is there any logs which can help to detect the problem?

Thank you 

There are WHS logs at C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\logs.

Does everything else work from that client?  Do you have other clients?  If so, do those backup successfully?  Can you successfully ping your server from that client (both by name and by IP address)?

Monday, August 2, 2010 3:52 AM
  • Problem seems to exist for other clients as well. Everything else works fine. I can connect to the server over TS or SMB.
    Saturday, August 7, 2010 3:14 PM
  • Problem seems to exist for other clients as well. Everything else works fine. I can connect to the server over TS or SMB.
    Can you open the Console from any client?  If so, are you getting any warnings/critical alerts about the backup service not running?
    Saturday, August 7, 2010 8:36 PM
  • Found the solution. Reboot of the server fixed the problem. I should have known better.
    Saturday, August 7, 2010 8:58 PM