is it need update my sitemap every day? RRS feed

• Question

•  

i renews my website: www.tideclothing.com every day,and update my sitemap every day.is it need update the sitemap every day? if no,How long is need to update?
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:15 AM

Answers

• You do not need to ping us every day. Our crawler will use the "changefreq" info you provide.

Brett

Monday, July 7, 2008 6:46 PM

All replies

• You do not need to ping us every day. Our crawler will use the "changefreq" info you provide.

Brett

Monday, July 7, 2008 6:46 PM
  •  

i update my website every day and i also update my sitemap every day ,google index my website about 800,but msn always 0!

Friday, July 18, 2008 2:58 AM
  • I have the same problem too

I often update the site and its mapsite:  google finds about 1300 and msn always 0!

Antonio
    www.ottimo.com
    Friday, September 5, 2008 2:45 PM
  • Hi

I have multiple sitemaps and therefore i have created a master sitemap submitted to msn which includes link to all the individual sitemaps. however, the number of pages indexed by msn (when i am using the master sitemap) is extremely low (200 as compared to over 90000 pages in sitemap).

but on the other hand, if i submit and of the individual sitemap to msn (not the master), then the number of pages indexed go up to 1000 as against around 30000 listings in that particular sitemap).

can you help me here if i need to alter among the sitemaps all the time or should i continue to use master sitemap?

thanks
    Tuesday, September 9, 2008 11:17 AM
  •  

I would add your sitemap paths to your robots.txt file. Note that sitemaps don't guarantee indexing.   

Monday, September 15, 2008 10:16 PM
  • Plz help me i want to create sitemap for msn for my website http://www.hitmoiblephone.com/

Friday, September 19, 2008 6:19 AM