DFS and robocopy: Is there a better methodology to roll back a release? RRS feed

• Question

• Currently, my company is using DFS and robocopy to deploy web applications from a DFS server to production servers. That has been working fine. However, there are times where we'd need to roll back a release due to critical issues, and the way it's been done is to copy the previous release version back to the same location on the DFS server and push it to production servers again (using robocopy basically). This way has several issues, yet I do not personally think it's a good roll-back methodology.

Does anyone know of a better or right methodology to roll back releases regarding MS DFS and Robocopy? Thank you very much in advance for your information.

Regards,
    ~James

• Moved by SachinW Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:22 AM Not Related to Forum issues (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 10:15 PM

Answers

• Hello (ENTER NAME)

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in the 'Web Farms ' located here:  http://forums.iis.net/1036.aspx

Have a great day!

Thanks!

SachinW Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    • Proposed as answer by SachinW Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by SachinW Thursday, February 11, 2010 8:58 AM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:22 AM