Use CRM tracking token to trigger CRM workflow RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to trigger a CRM workflow based on a response to an automated email that is sent from CRM.  For example, if the user was to respond to the CRM generated email and include "Deny" in the subject line, a CRM workflow would be initiated that would write "Deny" into a status field of a CRM entity.  I am using CRM 2011 and I am not sure if it is possible to generate a workflow based on a change to the tracking token.  If this is not possible, is there any other way that someone can respond to a CRM email, and the response triggers a workflow in CRM.

Thank you for helping.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 10:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Nick,

This is a very broad question to answer. I will try.

if your organization settings allow tracking of all emails that are reply to CRM EMail, you will be able to do this using a plugin or a custom workflow step.

If you decide to do a plugin, add code to Execute on create of an email activity. If the email address subject include "Deny", update the regarding object of the email (contact record) and set donosendmm to true.

depending on your org settings, your solution may be different. Please let me know if you need any clarification.

Regards,

Jithesh

Friday, August 8, 2014 7:00 AM