none
Skillpipe Software for reading Microsoft Course Material RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently attended training and received electronics books on

20480 - Programming in HTML5 with Javascript

20487 - Developing Windows Azure and Web Services

20486 - Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications

I have tried to use 'Skillpipe' software as a reader (recommended by the training provider Firebrand) but it does work on iPADs, even though the Skillpipe website indicates it does. When I try to run the software the Skillpipe logo appears for 2 minutes and then I am returned to the iPAD home screen.

I logged a support call with Skillpipe, sent diagnostic information to them but they have been unable to resolve the problem and have given up working on it.

I would recommend that you look for alternative electronic book reader provider as it is frustrating to find that I having to resort to using my PC, instad of my iPAD and have to flick back and forwards to the book and Visual Studio.

Regards

Mike Domingue

Thursday, September 24, 2015 9:11 AM

Answers

• While teaching my classes I have seen various students do what you are trying to do, i.e., they do the labs with Visual Studio on a PC at the same time that they read their manuals with Skillpipe on their iPads. So it is doable, there must be some issue with your specific iPad. Sorry, I don't own an iPad myself so I can't be of much help on resolving your issue, but at least I can tell that normally Skillpipe does work.
    Saturday, September 26, 2015 6:32 AM
  • Hi Mike,

This forum is for Training and certification questions, we cannot help you with issues for a non Microsoft App running on an iPad.

Try to find an alternative reader for you iPad, there are plenty of PDF/EPUB reader in the app store.

Danny

Friday, October 9, 2015 12:32 PM

All replies

• While teaching my classes I have seen various students do what you are trying to do, i.e., they do the labs with Visual Studio on a PC at the same time that they read their manuals with Skillpipe on their iPads. So it is doable, there must be some issue with your specific iPad. Sorry, I don't own an iPad myself so I can't be of much help on resolving your issue, but at least I can tell that normally Skillpipe does work.
    Saturday, September 26, 2015 6:32 AM
  • Hi Mike,

This forum is for Training and certification questions, we cannot help you with issues for a non Microsoft App running on an iPad.

Try to find an alternative reader for you iPad, there are plenty of PDF/EPUB reader in the app store.

Danny

Friday, October 9, 2015 12:32 PM