Hub PC says laptop protection out-of-date RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a laptop and second PC as remotes to my hub PC (desktop).  My Hub PC is telling me by laptop needs to update its virus and spyware protection, with a red danger 1, but my laptop is fully up-to-date.  When I go to Manage My One Care Circle and click on the button to update virus and spyware protection for the laptop, there is a pause then the Hub tells me that the other computer "can't be contacted right now".  The laptop is connected to the network, and has just successfully done a backup to the Hub PC.  The system worked perfectly across the three computers before today (when there was a big Windows update), and, as far as I know, I have not changed any settings on either computer.

The Hub PC has a wired connection to the router, but it does recognise the laptop as being on the network.

I can get of the red warning 1 by stopping the main PC being the Hub PC, but assume this will stop some elements working properly.  I reinstalled One Care on the laptop, and I followed the instructions to stop and restart the winss service on the laptop.

What else can I try???

Sunday, October 26, 2008 6:05 PM

Answers

• I can only refer you to this thread - Incorrect Status & False Alarms

What you could try is to reinstall on the hub, but that seems to be a rather extreme approach. If you stop the PC form being a Hub PC, you lose only monitoring capabilities. Everything else will continue to work normally.

-steve

Thursday, October 30, 2008 5:27 PM