none
Microsoft Word Converting to LaTex RRS feed

• Question

• I creating an application that writes a Word document with equations.  I'd like to enter the equations using LaTeX.  I can get it to work if the document template is already setup to accept LaTex under Equation Tools > Conversions > LaTex.  I can't figure out how to set that in the program.  Most documents are setup as Equation Tools > Conversion > Unicode so I'd like to verify that it's setup as LaTex.  I tried recording a macro but it shows up as empty.  I've searched online and can't find the command that switches between Unicode, LaTeX, and ab Text.  I was wondering if anyone knew what the command was or could point me in the right direction.  Thanks.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you want to convert Microsoft Word to LaTex using vb.net?

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:22 AM
  • No, I'm creating an application to write out a Word document and I've found that the easiest way to write equations is to write them in LaTeX format and insert the LaTex code in the equation editor and then build the equation which converts it to an MS Word equation format.  That all works but it only works if MS Word is expecting LaTex.  That can be set under Equation Tools > Conversions > LaTex, the default setting is Unicode.  I've search all over the msdn side that has the documentation for programming MS Word but I can't find the set of commands that will set the expected input from Unicode to LaTex.  Thanks.

Friday, January 18, 2019 3:07 AM
  • Hi,

This forum is discussing and asking questions about the vb.net,Please go to the relevant forum to ask questions.

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 18, 2019 8:36 AM