How to complain my training provider & get my money back RRS feed

• Question

• Training centre is in london

I received email from a company for an interview. i did attend aptitude test ,once  finished  I had to attend the interview with one consultant during the  interview ,the interviewer explained the job roles and he  told me that company will train me for certification in 20 days which is  unpaid one & the certification costs 2000 pounds and company will pay for that training

Later, I was asked to wait for 15 to 20 minutes for interview result. The consultant conveyed that  I was selected for job and he printed the offer letter for 21K also he informed to me that ,since I scored  low marks I had  to pay half the money  1000 pounds and its refundable once i complete the certification, consultant told me that ,from right now you are employee of our company & he  told me if u miss this opportunity you won’t get back so he force me to pay & i thought that iam starting my job from next day while doing job iam doing my certification ,meantime   .He  gave some forms to fill my details, which asked for  card details .I filled my card details aswell.whatever forms given by consultant I signed all forms .While I was talking to him he made the transcation,after that he told me you have to finish the Certification within 3 months, after your certification you started work for our company

I was advised to go to Head office for induction class, when i went there, a person who is   in charge for that office told me network connection  was down so we can't conduct induction  today,he said that training will be online.

since I was not satisfied with their terms and conditions and their commitment & promises Next day morning i send the mail to them I  want to withdraw training from your company  and  request them to refund my money back.they refused me 3 times

1)    when i received the mail from a company for an interview they haven’t mentioned anything about training

2)    Basically I went for an interview for entry level position not for the training but they misrepresented me and they took my money

3)   I send a mail to cancel my training within 24 hrs still iam not using their facilities ,

4)  They are not transfer the line to management team,&  they are not allowing me to meet them aswell ,i was advised to contact them by only email

5) They charge different prices for different persons for same course and same duration

Mainly they are concentrating on international students who finished their degree looking for job ,they are using them my worries I signed the contract says no refund

MOD EDIT - Asking for Legal advice puts other posters at risk as faulty legal advice has legal ramifications.
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 4:38 PM

Answers

• I am sorry to hear about your situation however this forum is for training and certification questions, not issues relating to employment disputes. 

I'm not sure that anyone on this forum will be able to provide you with any assistnace so I recommend that you find a local authority in your country/state that could assist. 

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:25 AM

All replies

• I am sorry to hear about your situation however this forum is for training and certification questions, not issues relating to employment disputes. 

I'm not sure that anyone on this forum will be able to provide you with any assistnace so I recommend that you find a local authority in your country/state that could assist. 

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:25 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

The time has probably expired for going to your bank and claiming a referal against the payment you have made to this company, or dispute the payment.

You could still try this so speak to your bank or card supplier.

It does sound like a type of scam that has trapped many people looking to enter the IT sector.

Might I suggest you contact the Citizens Advice Bureau http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/, find your local office.

They may be able to help you, or point you in the right direction.

As previously mentioned, this forum will not be able to help you as it is not a Microsoft issue.

Best advice I can give, research the company you are going to do your training with before handing over any monies.

Good luck

Jason

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:55 PM
  • I am going to lock this thread as it is not specific to here and dont want other people giving advice that may themselves make them libel.
    Blog: http://www.certsandprogs.com

70-515 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    70-536 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    70-505 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    70-562 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    70-433 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:16 PM