DNIS Digits RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking to setup a small OCS 2007 R2 setup and when coordinating with our T1 provider to get the PRI setup, the question of how many DNIS digits did we need passed to us came up.  I've done some searches and can't seem to find anything that talks about DNIS requirements in the relation to OCS.  Our T1 provider noted that typically they provide 4 DNIS digits to their customers.  Is there any documentation detailing OCS's DNIS requirements?

Thanks,

RCCHULUOTA
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:28 PM

Answers

• Your best bet with OCS is to have them pass you 10 digits. OCS uses full E.164 numbers which means on the inbound your gateway will only have to add a +1. If they only send you 7 then you would need to add +1xxx. Either way your gateway can handle the inbound translation.

Mark
    • Marked as answer by RCCHULUOTA Friday, February 20, 2009 12:20 PM
    Friday, February 20, 2009 12:38 AM

All replies

• Your best bet with OCS is to have them pass you 10 digits. OCS uses full E.164 numbers which means on the inbound your gateway will only have to add a +1. If they only send you 7 then you would need to add +1xxx. Either way your gateway can handle the inbound translation.

Mark
    • Marked as answer by RCCHULUOTA Friday, February 20, 2009 12:20 PM
    Friday, February 20, 2009 12:38 AM
  • Thanks Mark!

I had a feeling that was going to be the answer but being a bit of a noob when it comes to this, I just wanted some confirmation.  Thanks for your help!

RCCHULUOTA
    Friday, February 20, 2009 12:21 PM
  • It makes no difference how many digits they pass to you - you can work with any set of digits as long as they are predictable.  It's very common to configure OCS when you have 4 digits inbound.
    Mike Stacy | Evangelyze Communications | http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 3:57 PM