"Install Missing Updates" - Go to MS web Site - Finds updates - Tries to install : "Always" Ends in Error RRS feed

• Question

• Live OneCare "ALWAYS" gives me the "yellow" message that i should "Install missing updates"

"The PC is missing updates from Microsoft and may be at risk from Internet threats.

Visit the Microsoft Update website now to install available high-priority updates."

When I click on  "Go to website" it takes me to Microsoft's site, the system does its checking, and finishes by stating

"Some updates were not installed

The following updates were not installed:

Security update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)

CLOSE"

The above happens 100% every time that I boot up my laptop when Live OneCare starts up with the above amber warning.

I'm running a stand-alone laptop with Windows XP Professional, Version 5.1  (Build 2600.xpsp,080413-2111 : Service Pack 3)"

Windows Live OneCare Version 2.5.2900.03

Virus and spyware definition version: 1.41.911.0

Firewall policy version: 1.2.32.120

How can I get through the updates without getting the above listed error message that "Security update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)" was not installed?
    Friday, August 29, 2008 11:23 PM

Answers

All replies