Office 2003 Validation issues RRS feed

• Question

• We bought a pc with Microsoft Office on. It turned out that it wasnt genuine. Then I got The Office 2003. I then itstalled that now. But still I get this "Blue Star Thingy" in my taskbar. The Office doesnt show anymore that its not genuine.

What do I do now? I dont wanna unistall this 2003, cause I spent almost the whole day updating it after I installed it. It required like 200Mb worth of updates.

Can anyone help me how to get that Blue star thing away?? I know my office 2003 is genuine.
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 6:44 AM

Answers

• Hey Alegrange :-),

Thanks for the feedback and we will await your MGA results once your home :-). Maybe the previous Office Suite did not get uninstalled correctly. There may be some remnants left behind from the previous non-genuine Office Suite which may be causing you to see the non-genuine blue star. Please check your uninstalled programs and see if there are any other versions which may still be lingering around. If this is the case please let us know what that version may be. There is a knowledge base article that will let you rid this from your system by way of editing the registry but we need to know what the previous version is first.

Take care and have a great day :-)

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, April 23, 2009 4:42 PM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 7:44 PM
  • Good Morning Alegrange,

Thank you for visiting the Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) program forum. I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing. We have seen numerous issues from customers who were provided a Volume License Key (VLK) on their computer that has either been blocked by Microsoft or generated by a fake product key code generator. OGA currently provides checks for these types of product keys and prompts the user to notify them of this situation. More invalid product keys are being identified daily and WGA is constantly refreshing its database with these newly identified product keys and immediately blocks them. Below I have extracted a portion of the MGA results to share. 

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage - 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.7.111.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

As a rule, VL editions should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers.  Alegrange if the computer is a corporate system please ask your systems administrator to logon to the eOpen site
    https://eopen.microsoft.com/EN/default.asp  and confirm what your company’s assigned VLK. If this computer is not a corporate system please uninstall Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage. Restart your PC and the validate Office again. You will be able to use the Office Small Business edition 2003 once you revalidate Office again after removing Office XP Professional with FrontPage.

You have a couple options available. First you should have been given the option to "Get Genuine" when you failed OGA validation. Here you may purchase an OGA Kit from Microsoft and become genuine. Next you can take the software back where you made the original purchase and either request a genuine copy of Office or return your monies. Next I would recommend for you to file a piracy report by following the directions @ http://www.microsoft.com/piracy. Please locate "Reporting Piracy" in the upper left corner.

Thank you

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    Monday, April 27, 2009 5:20 PM
  • Alegrange,

You have two versions of Microsoft Office installed; Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage  and Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003.  Office XP Professional with FrontPage is non-genuine. It was installed with a now blocked volume licensing key. Please uninstall Office XP Professional with FrontPage. Restart your computer and attempt to validate office again. You should be able to use the other version of Office on your comptuer as it reads genuine.

Does that answer your question? If not please let us know.

Thank you,

Stephen
    • Marked as answer by alegrange Saturday, May 2, 2009 6:37 PM
    Monday, April 27, 2009 5:52 PM

All replies

• Hello Alegrange,

Valued Customers,

We understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1.      Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.

2.      Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

If you could also please follow the steps outlined below, the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.

http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.

1.      After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.

2.      Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

Step 2 is to look on the computer itself, in the documentation you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 1:27 PM
  • Hello Alegrange,

Thank you for posting in the OGA Forum. Please provide us with the MGA Diagnostic results like Dan requested :-). This will allow us to see what you are experiencing so we may begin to develop a resolution for you. Curious you mentioned purchasing a computer with Office preinstalled. Did you uninstall this version prior to install Office 2003? If you didn't please uninstall the previous version leaving your Office 2003 intact and restart your computer. Next try and validate Office once again and let us know if this resolves the problem.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Monday, April 20, 2009 10:11 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

I will do that Diagnostic as soon as i get home. Just wanna let you know, that I did not uninstall the previous office myself. But when I installed Office 2003, it said it was uninstalling the 2002 office.
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:04 PM
  • Hey Alegrange :-),

Thanks for the feedback and we will await your MGA results once your home :-). Maybe the previous Office Suite did not get uninstalled correctly. There may be some remnants left behind from the previous non-genuine Office Suite which may be causing you to see the non-genuine blue star. Please check your uninstalled programs and see if there are any other versions which may still be lingering around. If this is the case please let us know what that version may be. There is a knowledge base article that will let you rid this from your system by way of editing the registry but we need to know what the previous version is first.

Take care and have a great day :-)

Stephen

• Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, April 23, 2009 4:42 PM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 7:44 PM
  • Stephen, just to let you know before i go home. The previous version on my PC was Office 2002. Now i installed Office 2003. I had a look just after the installation and i was still having problems - i had a look at the programs installed, and found no other programs there of 2002.
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 7:51 PM
  • Diagnostic Report (1.9.0006.1):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Online Validation Code: N/A
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-G9QKT-JXRRB-6CV88
    Windows Product Key Hash: NRKuuE7ndqSH1ECUr+/WegRu5xo=
    Windows Product ID: 76477-OEM-2150175-95507
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.3.0.hom
    ID: {949F0361-E327-4F48-9F51-77615870E864}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.9.1
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.105.35
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 114
    Version: 1.7.105.35
    WGATray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{949F0361-E327-4F48-9F51-77615870E864}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0006.1</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.3.0.hom</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-6CV88</PKey><PID>76477-OEM-2150175-95507</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-507921405-73586283-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>FUJITSU SIEMENS</Manufacturer><Model>D1625</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>FUJITSU SIEMENS // Phoenix Technologies Ltd.</Manufacturer><Version>4.06  Rev. 1.05.1625            </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="31"/><Date>20030905000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>34E5315F01846E72</HWID><UserLCID>1C09</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>South Africa Standard Time(GMT+02:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.7.105.35"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.7.17.0"/><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="1.7.105.35"/><File Name="OGAVerify.exe" Version="1.7.105.35"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>39476F84C4B4004</Val><Hash>4iCnywwNW1w4s9ukTIwGMGxyGic=</Hash><Pid>54185-640-0000025-17042</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91CA0409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>78BBA4F90957F72</Val><Hash>tYfa7JuLKrNTlqb67oh58a2/EMk=</Hash><Pid>70160-OEM-5695377-07931</Pid><PidType>5</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="16" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="17" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="18" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="1A" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="1B" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="16" Version="11" Result="100"/><App Id="18" Version="11" Result="100"/><App Id="19" Version="11" Result="100"/><App Id="1A" Version="11" Result="100"/><App Id="1B" Version="11" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 10504:Fujitsu Siemens Computers|1050C:Siemens AG|1050C:Siemens AG
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Monday, April 27, 2009 4:46 PM
  • Good Morning Alegrange,

Thank you for visiting the Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) program forum. I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing. We have seen numerous issues from customers who were provided a Volume License Key (VLK) on their computer that has either been blocked by Microsoft or generated by a fake product key code generator. OGA currently provides checks for these types of product keys and prompts the user to notify them of this situation. More invalid product keys are being identified daily and WGA is constantly refreshing its database with these newly identified product keys and immediately blocks them. Below I have extracted a portion of the MGA results to share. 

OGA Data-->

As a rule, VL editions should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers.  Alegrange if the computer is a corporate system please ask your systems administrator to logon to the eOpen site
    https://eopen.microsoft.com/EN/default.asp  and confirm what your company’s assigned VLK. If this computer is not a corporate system please uninstall Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage. Restart your PC and the validate Office again. You will be able to use the Office Small Business edition 2003 once you revalidate Office again after removing Office XP Professional with FrontPage.

You have a couple options available. First you should have been given the option to "Get Genuine" when you failed OGA validation. Here you may purchase an OGA Kit from Microsoft and become genuine. Next you can take the software back where you made the original purchase and either request a genuine copy of Office or return your monies. Next I would recommend for you to file a piracy report by following the directions @ http://www.microsoft.com/piracy. Please locate "Reporting Piracy" in the upper left corner.

Thank you

Stephen

Monday, April 27, 2009 5:20 PM
  • What exactly am i supposed to do with this answer??
    Monday, April 27, 2009 5:27 PM
  • Alegrange,

You have two versions of Microsoft Office installed; Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage  and Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003.  Office XP Professional with FrontPage is non-genuine. It was installed with a now blocked volume licensing key. Please uninstall Office XP Professional with FrontPage. Restart your computer and attempt to validate office again. You should be able to use the other version of Office on your comptuer as it reads genuine.

Does that answer your question? If not please let us know.

Thank you,

Stephen
    • Marked as answer by alegrange Saturday, May 2, 2009 6:37 PM
    Monday, April 27, 2009 5:52 PM
  • Thank you so much Stephen for your help!!! I really appreciate it!!! It helped!!! Thank you!!!

Andre
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 6:36 PM
  • Hey Alegrange,

No problem :-). We are here to help all of our customers. Should you have any other problems with OGA please come back and visit us. 

We hope you have a wonderful week

Stephen
    Monday, May 4, 2009 8:29 PM