Blank Screen after Fail Safe Mode - XP, nVidia, Graphics, Video Card RRS feed

• Question

• Recently, my Gateway Desktop PC running Windows XP was prompted to updated the nVidia driver to GEForce 6100. 

I proceeded to update to that driver.

Upon the next startup, I waited several minutes but the computer hung on a blank screen AFTER the Windows screen ran.

I attempted to restart the computer normally several times but again and again the blank screen appeared after the windows setup.

I could startup my computer in Safe Mode, which I did. In safe mode I disabled the nVidia graphics driver and restarted my computer. When the computer restarted it did in fact reach Explorer. However, in all windows I opened the images would lag. Instead of a smooth scroll everything was choppy.

I proceeded to enter the BIOS setup and clicked to start my computer in "fail safe" mode. After which, when I press the power button on my computer the blue light turns on, the fan runs, and one singular beep sounds but NO image displays on my monitor.

I have tried my monitor on another computer and it worked fine. I plugged the monitor back in to the Gateway PC and still I receive a black screen as if the desktop tower does not recognize the monitor.

Thank you very much for any solutions or guidance you may be able to provide!

All the best,
    -Evan
    Friday, December 10, 2010 10:14 PM

Answers

• Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry you have a wrong place posted. Your issue was not appears to be a relate "Fix it Center".So I suggest you post your issue to a correct forum, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding!  

If I misunderstood you,please let me know.

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

• Marked as answer by Fafafaalex Monday, December 13, 2010 3:07 AM
    Monday, December 13, 2010 3:07 AM

All replies

• Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry you have a wrong place posted. Your issue was not appears to be a relate "Fix it Center".So I suggest you post your issue to a correct forum, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding!  

If I misunderstood you,please let me know.

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

• Marked as answer by Fafafaalex Monday, December 13, 2010 3:07 AM
    Monday, December 13, 2010 3:07 AM
  • Thanks Yan Jun! Would you happen to know which section would be best for me to post my question?

Thanks,

-Evan

Thursday, December 16, 2010 10:53 PM
  • Hi Evan, 

For general support questions please go to http://answers.microsoft.com. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

Friday, December 17, 2010 12:06 AM
  • Thanks Yan Jun!
    ET
    Friday, December 17, 2010 3:54 PM
  • You're welcome!

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

Sunday, December 19, 2010 11:32 AM