Can I install Windows 7 recovery disk on multiple computers? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to fix my mother's HP desktop for the past couple of days. I suspect that what ever is on the computer that's preventing Windows from starting was accidentally downloaded by my 8 year old brother. I've deleted 2 viruses already but I don't think I got everything since Windows still refuses to start normally nor will it perform a system repair or system restore. Every time I've attempted a system restore through safe mode but the computer always freezes. The last time I tried to do one the computer froze for nearly 12 hours. Since my mom's computer doesn't have many important files on it she's given me the okay to restore the computer back to factory settings. 

My main question is this: since my mom's desktop wont allow me to create a system image on her computer, can I do so on another one? Both my laptop and my mom's desktop operate on Window's 7 home premium 64-bit. I don't want to save any of my mom's files because I don't know how much of her stuff was corrupted by the viruses--plus she doesn't really need anything on her desktop. So I was wondering if it was possible for me to create a copy of windows on my laptop, but install that copy on my mom's computer. I have the microsoft product key that came with her desktop. Is it even possible for me to enter my mom's product key using the version of windows created on my computer? Or do you have any other tips that can help me revert her desktop back to factory settings? 

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! And I thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter :)

FYI:

My mom's desktop is an HP Pavilion P6243W. Whereas my laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L455. Again, we both operate on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 5:38 AM

Answers

All replies