Money on Windows10 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently update my PC hardware and installed Windows 10. Previously running Windows 7 Pro and Money worked perfectly. Now I can't access the program or data files. I see from my system that my main .mny file was created on 5/2/13 and last updated (before the switch) on 22/2/19. The file size was 34.8MB. Ivae some 20 years data and I really don't want to lose it! What should I do. I'm a UK user

Thursday, March 14, 2019 11:38 AM

All replies

• Assuming you installed Money 2005 UK from an installation disk, note that Money 2005 installs from disk need an online update from a server that no longer exists.

Update your installation with Money 2005 UK QFE2 from the link in the second, sticky post in this forum. Throw away your installation disk and save the QFE2 file for future installs.

Money 2005 should be at version 14.0.120.1105.

Your .mny data file must be in your Documents area, not the Money default Program Files x86 area.
    • Edited by DominicP Thursday, March 14, 2019 12:55 PM
    Thursday, March 14, 2019 12:50 PM
  • As a topup to Dom's excellent advice, first make a backup of your data files and keep away from your PC, possibly in another house (joke!). Then download the UK version of MSMoney (which works fine for me on Windows10) and make, and fiddle with, a dummy data file until you are really happy, then put a copy of your real data file in the same directory as your newly created dummy file.

Dr AS

Thursday, March 14, 2019 11:11 PM