Installed OCS but no sound RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have installaed OCS and Edge, OCS on a seperate server and Edge on a different server, but no sound or video.

all my certificates are trusted and services started without a problem and OSC was integrated with Edge sucessfully.

when i call some one from communicator it does not connect the call, but im works. how do i fix this Sad

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:30 PM

All replies

• Can you provide some more details as there are many reasons that Communicator calls might not work?  Does internal to internal work but not internal to external, or an no users getting audio regardless of their location?  What error do you receive?

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:36 PM
  • Hi

I did some tests and my results are as bellow

internal to internal  - working

External to External when both external users are on the same network(in same office outside the OCS network) - working

internal to external - working when the external party has a public ip(when he is not behind NAT)

external to external - not working (when the 2 external users are in 2 different networks)

internal to external - not working (when the external user is behind nat)

IM always works the above problem is there is voice and video

my network setup is as Follows

OCS running on a private ip

Edge - internal interface running on a private IP.

Then Edge Av server, web conferance server and access server on 3 different public IPS

access server running on port 5061 Av and web conf.. server running on port 443

Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:36 AM
  • any of u guys have a solution for this ? where shall i start testing...

Friday, September 19, 2008 11:26 AM
  • How is your default gateway configured? Should be on the external a/v interface.

Friday, September 19, 2008 1:55 PM
  • Hi

The av edge server must have ports 5000 to 59000 on udp and tcp. Also the public ip on av must be public facing and publicly routeable ( no natting allowed) . To allow sound to travel internal to external and visa versa.

Friday, September 19, 2008 3:45 PM
  • HI

I have this running with no firewall. all my ports are opened, i did this untill i get this working.

network card on the on the OCS server does not have a gateway, but it can connect to the edge server private interface.

my Edge server is in a public ip and it is configured with the an external gateway.

is this correct ?

OCE server

IP - 10.0.0.1

Subnet - 255.255.255.248

Gateway - None

Edge Server

private interface

IP - 10.0.0.2

Subnet - 255.255.255.248

Gateway - None

Public interface

IP - 202.59.X.X (public IP)