Failed Validation of office 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I build new computer in  Feb  2007.  I have Vista Ulitamete and Office Ulitimate-- 64x..  Im trying to download a Office 2007 add-on " Mircosoft Save as  PDF or XPS" and it takes me to  the web site for that and I need to validate Office 2007  And I do and I get error "0x80180112. "  I have tried opening  new IE window, I opened as administrator and several other was to update.  I bought My software from Compusa in a new box fully Liceased and the programs work fine.  any help????? Thank you  RBrienza@aol.com
    Friday, March 30, 2007 3:27 AM

Answers

• Please try the below steps:

WINDOWS VISTA:

1) Click the START button.

2) Click ALL PROGRAMS.

3) Look at the list of your installed programs and find INTERNET EXPLORER.

4) Point the mouse cursor over top of INTERNET EXPLORER until it is highlighted and click the RIGHT-MOUSE button and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR from the menu.

5) You will be prompted by a Windows Vista dialog box, and I want you to choose ALLOW.  This will allow IE to start with administrator priv's.

6) In the new Internet Explorer session, manually type or copy this URL:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine (again, make sure it's the new instance of IE that opened as 'admin').

7) Once the /genuine web site loads in the new IE browswer.  Click the VALIDATE OFFICE button.

What happened?  Are the results different?

Friday, March 30, 2007 3:38 AM
  • Worked like a charm - thanks Carey!
    Wednesday, April 11, 2007 6:23 AM

All replies

• Please try the below steps:

WINDOWS VISTA:

1) Click the START button.

2) Click ALL PROGRAMS.

3) Look at the list of your installed programs and find INTERNET EXPLORER.

4) Point the mouse cursor over top of INTERNET EXPLORER until it is highlighted and click the RIGHT-MOUSE button and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR from the menu.

5) You will be prompted by a Windows Vista dialog box, and I want you to choose ALLOW.  This will allow IE to start with administrator priv's.

6) In the new Internet Explorer session, manually type or copy this URL:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine (again, make sure it's the new instance of IE that opened as 'admin').

7) Once the /genuine web site loads in the new IE browswer.  Click the VALIDATE OFFICE button.

What happened?  Are the results different?

Friday, March 30, 2007 3:38 AM
  • Worked like a charm - thanks Carey!
    Wednesday, April 11, 2007 6:23 AM