download link to 64 bit connector please RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Can someone leave the link for th 64 bit connector please as I can't find it anywhere and the microsoft download site is awful.  I feel like sending an email about my experiences like bill gates did!

Thanks
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 6:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• You will find the connector installer on your server (after installing the "Power Pack 1" update). Look for it in the server shares (e.g. \\SERVER\Software\Home Server Connector Software)

Note that only Vista 64-bit clients are supported.

Theo.

Thursday, August 7, 2008 8:53 PM
  • I don't have that directory so something's gone wrong somewhere.  Isn't there somewhere I can download the latest version?
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 10:03 PM
  • Everton,

The software is on your server. It is possible that the sofware share was somehowe removed. It is possible to restore the files in thsi directory, as described by Ken Warren in this thread: Cannot install home server connector - files not downloaded from home server

Theo.
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 10:41 PM
  • I would like to call your attention to the fact that this forum will be closing pretty soon. Please move any conversations you want to continue to the Software or Hardware forum (as appropriate) and link back here.
    Friday, August 8, 2008 4:44 AM
  • Thanks that worked.  I moved my connector and restore directories months ago, so I guess I'm going to have problems if I ever have to restore as the upgrade wizard didn't recreate the folders and put the new files in there.
    Friday, August 8, 2008 6:22 AM
  • Hi,

You will, as WHS is hard wired to look for those folders for quite a lot of it's update program. It would be as well leaving them in place.

Colin 

Friday, August 8, 2008 5:34 PM