Remote Web Access Will Not Allow New TLD RRS feed

• Question

• Purchased a new domain from enom. Such as: example.link, "link" is a new top level domain. When going through the set up wizard for adding my domain the wizard throws an error "The Domain Name Is Not Valid". It looks like the TLD validation process needs to be updated. Any work-a-rounds for now? 

garyrjk

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:03 PM

Answers

• Hi garyrjk,

The wizard looks at your system information to determine your country or region. The wizard then displays only those domain extensions that the participating providers in your area support. If the domain extension that you want does not appear in the list, you must choose a different domain extension to continue. Select an extension from the list that the wizard returned.

By the way, I just find a similar thread for the "The Domain Name Is Not Valid". However, the workaround is for Windows Server 2012 Essentials. It may just provide a thought for your question. (Please back up the server before any operation. That will help us to avoid some unexpected issues.)

Anywhere Access - domain .ltd.uk causes "The domain name is not valid" error

If any update, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Justin Gu Monday, February 23, 2015 3:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Justin Gu Wednesday, February 25, 2015 3:46 PM
    Friday, February 13, 2015 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi garyrjk,

The wizard looks at your system information to determine your country or region. The wizard then displays only those domain extensions that the participating providers in your area support. If the domain extension that you want does not appear in the list, you must choose a different domain extension to continue. Select an extension from the list that the wizard returned.

By the way, I just find a similar thread for the "The Domain Name Is Not Valid". However, the workaround is for Windows Server 2012 Essentials. It may just provide a thought for your question. (Please back up the server before any operation. That will help us to avoid some unexpected issues.)

Anywhere Access - domain .ltd.uk causes "The domain name is not valid" error

If any update, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Justin Gu Monday, February 23, 2015 3:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Justin Gu Wednesday, February 25, 2015 3:46 PM
    Friday, February 13, 2015 9:45 AM
  • Thank you for attempting to solve this issue. But, this (.link) TLD is not geo-specific, it's just a new TLD. The participating provider does support this TLD.  Microsoft is limiting the TLD by the pull down menu on the wizard for no useful reason other than the fact that the TLD didn't exist when the wizard was coded. I'm assuming that the list is hard coded and that's why it's difficult to change. Otherwise Microsoft would just patch the dynamic list and not the code.  So, please, can someone change the code limiting the TLD in the wizard. I already tried hacking the registry with no good results. Thank you.

garyrjk

Sunday, May 3, 2015 5:47 PM