Validation stops Windows explorer from responding RRS feed

• Question

• Relatively new Dell Optoplex GX520 using XP IE8. Was working until today. The genuine Windows authenticity stops Windows explorer from functioning so I can go nowhere on the net to fix the problem. I rolled back to previous restore points, ran a complete Securities Essential scan and removed 5 viruses. Everything else functions except Internet explorer.
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 10:31 PM

Answers

• "exmoviddude" wrote in message news:22becde8-979d-45e6-8984-64c75ff1443d...
    Relatively new Dell Optoplex GX520 using XP IE8. Was working until today. The genuine Windows authenticity stops Windows explorer from functioning so I can go nowhere on the net to fix the problem. I rolled back to previous restore points, ran a complete Securities Essential scan and removed 5 viruses. Everything else functions except Internet explorer.

It sounds as if you're still infected with something.
    Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware (www.malwarebytes.org ) update it, then boot to Safe Mode, and run a Full System Scan in your main user profile, and a Quick Scan in every other profile.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 10:43 PM

All replies

• "exmoviddude" wrote in message news:22becde8-979d-45e6-8984-64c75ff1443d...
    Relatively new Dell Optoplex GX520 using XP IE8. Was working until today. The genuine Windows authenticity stops Windows explorer from functioning so I can go nowhere on the net to fix the problem. I rolled back to previous restore points, ran a complete Securities Essential scan and removed 5 viruses. Everything else functions except Internet explorer.

It sounds as if you're still infected with something.
    Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware (www.malwarebytes.org ) update it, then boot to Safe Mode, and run a Full System Scan in your main user profile, and a Quick Scan in every other profile.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 10:43 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Friday, June 10, 2011 8:24 PM