Unable to initiate a "live meeting" RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed the OCS2007 beta on a stand alone server in an EE setup (because I've a dedicated SQL-Server) and configured it for IM Conferencing.
    All frontend validation checks are passed without an error.

After this I deployed some "Communicator 2007" and some "Live Meeting 2007" clients to some clients and I startet to check out the functionality.

IM between two partys and presence works well, but if I try to invite a third party to start a conference the invitation fails. No errors are displayed, instead the "inviting communicator client" seems to freeze.
    Ahh and the additional action "Meet now" in the communicator is permanently greyed out, probably due to the same problem/error starting a conference is failing.

As far as I understood even without an Exchange-Server in the environment instant conferencing should work when initiating a conference via the Communicator.
    But this fails for me too.

Any ideas, help, suggestions for this two issues?

Thanks in advance!

Frank
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 2:13 PM

Answers

• I've had trouble with the Meet Now functionality when I've installed the LMclient while communicator is running. To resolve it, I uninstalled LM2007 client, closed communicator, re-installed LM2007 (with an account that was a local admin) and it worked. Not sure if this will solve it for you, but it did the trick for me.

Matt

Friday, June 8, 2007 2:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Frank,

May I ask what the hardware resources look like? Are the PCs fairly new? I have only seen this on machines that lacked resources and on virtual machines.

Have you configured the Live Meeting policy?

Have you run the validation wizard? Can you post any errors in the report?

Friday, June 1, 2007 5:27 AM
  • Hi,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? Did you find a solution? If so, can you post it for the rest of the forum to see? If you still have the issue please let us know ASAP?

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 5:41 PM
  • I've had trouble with the Meet Now functionality when I've installed the LMclient while communicator is running. To resolve it, I uninstalled LM2007 client, closed communicator, re-installed LM2007 (with an account that was a local admin) and it worked. Not sure if this will solve it for you, but it did the trick for me.

Matt

Friday, June 8, 2007 2:29 PM