none
SyncToy and MicroSD card in Android RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've been using SyncToy for many years to sync PCs Laptops, NASs and servers. Now I am trying to use it to sync a music folder on my desktop PC (Win 7 64Bit) with a 32GB microSD card in a Samsung Galaxy S2.

I can sync the folder happily when the SD card is inserted in the computer.  However when the SD card is in the phone I can see the folder, and edit the files manually.  However in SyncToy the folder is can be seen, but I when I select it I cannot click on "OK" in "Choose the right folder you want" as it is greyed out.

Any thought son what I am doing wrong?

J

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:14 AM

All replies

• OK - solved this (and it is down to me not knowing my way around Android yet) - whilst I could see the SD card in FIle Manager/ SyncToy I had not selected Settings>Wireless and Network>USB Utilities>USB mass storage "Connect storage to PC" on my phone. Having selected this, SyncToy works fine...

J

Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:07 AM
  • Perfect ! Had the exact same situation and can confirm that this solves the problem. +1
    JL#
    Saturday, November 19, 2011 3:30 PM
  • Does anyone have a way to configure a Galaxy S3 or how to make this solution work on JellyBean?

• Edited by Japan Bridge Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:12 AM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:11 AM
  • I am having exactly the same problem with my Galaxy S3 on Jelly Bean - any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:23 PM