none
Search in forums appears to be broken RRS feed

• Question

• I have been searching for related issues in a number of forums, most recently the SCCM / Software Updates Management forum.  The only results I receive are for items in the current view that match the subject line.  Since the search turned up so few items, I reduced the search to the term WSUS which should have had a huge number of hits, result I received only one returned item and that was showing on the screen already.

In short this is a critical problem, right now the forums have lost a major piece of functionality.  Can we get to the old version of the forums until this is fixed? 
    Bob
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:41 PM More suitable forum as the problem is restricted to the forums and the users wants to go back to the old forums ... (Moved from MSDN and TechNet Search Feedback to Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums)
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 7:00 PM

All replies

• Moving to the suggestions and feedback for the forums forum.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:40 PM
  • Microsoft does software, Google does search.  Make your query look like this:

site:social.msdn.microsoft.com +wsus

No lack of hits...

Hans Passant.
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:59 PM
  • >Microsoft does software, Google does search.  Make your query look like this:

> site:social.msdn.microsoft.com +wsus

> No lack of hits...

----------------

Using the same search string in (Microsoft's!) www.live.com also gives a good number of hits.
    Thursday, December 25, 2008 8:00 AM
  • I appreciate the suggestions.  I've been using Internet search as a replacement.  I posted the note because I thought someone at Microsoft should be aware of the problem.

I've also noticed one other problem, I'm not getting alerts sent to me of replies to the forums in case anyone cares.  And yes, I've checked my junk E-mail and no I don't have a filter applied.

Bob
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:57 PM