All cookies blocked in Internet Explorer 8. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Gateway laptop w/ win7_64 (clean install) over vista_64.  Win7 has been working fine, however ie8 is giving me a headache.  It blocks all cookies.  Where ever I have web accounts that require username/password and allow me to select 'keep me signed in') (ie amazon, hotmail, msn...), when I return to the sights I still have to sign in again.  Additionally, when I attempted to purchase some items from amazon it would not allow me access to my account because it said "cookies are blocked" so I had to use another computer.  I have checked the settings under Tools/Internet Options/Privacy Tab/Advanced (selected accept all 1st & 3rd party cookies), as well as entered the web address of the websites in the Per Site Privacy Actions.  I have completely disabled SuperAdBlocker and Norton Antivirus; disabled and re-enabled ie8 restarted my computer at least a million times.  ARGH, NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK!!!  Prior to my clean install of win7 I used ie8 w/o problems.  I can't think of anything which may be affecting the cookies on my laptop.  If anyone has any idea I would appreciate it.  Thnkx

Friday, November 20, 2009 2:34 AM

Answers

• After much trial and error; I solved the problem myself.  Just unchecking the delete browser history upon close box and setting SuperAdBlocker to not delete cookies on close solved the problem completely.

I don't know why this forum is setup to ask a question if you guy's don't answer questions!  Still love Microsoft but this forum thing sucks :(

Saturday, November 21, 2009 10:26 PM
  • for IE8 questions, visit http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/default.mspx.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, November 23, 2009 9:24 PM
  • Or ask here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, July 16, 2012 10:47 PM

All replies