Missing ValueRange RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In my code, I make use of factor methods for Variable<Vector> but I keep getting a missing ValueRange exception when I call the Infer method. 

Exception is : Cannot automatically determine distribution type for variable type Vector. You must specify a ValueRange or MarginalPRototype attribute for variable 'advantage' or its parent variables in 

advantage = Test.VectorDifference(qualityA_rep[dataRange],qualityB_rep[dataRange])

I saw in the link: 

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/cambridge/projects/infernet/docs/Adding%20attributes%20to%20your%20model.aspx

that I am supposed to SetValueRange, but when I try to do it on variable 'advantage', I still get the error. Not sure on how to proceed. Please advise.

Range dataRange = new Range(data.Length).Named("n"); VariableArray<Vector> qualityA = Variable.Array<Vector>(dataRange); VariableArray<Vector> qualityB = Variable.Array<Vector>(dataRange); public static Vector VectorDifference(Vector a, Vector b) { return a-b; }

using(Variable.ForEach(dataRange)) { Variable<Vector> advantage = Variable<Vector>.Factor(new FactorMethod(VectorDifference),qualityA[dataRange],qualityB[dataRange]); //other code } qualityAPosterior = Engine.Infer<Gaussian>(qualityA);//error is thrown here

Sunday, March 29, 2015 12:00 AM

All replies

• Compiles just fine for me (with some obvious modifications). Could you please paste the whole modelling code, so that we can track down the issue? In addition, please make sure you're using the latest version of Infer.NET.

-Y-

Monday, March 30, 2015 9:32 AM