Files That Are Not Mine RRS feed

• Question

• I bought this computer at a flea market from a very angry young wife of a cheating husband. The wife bought the computer in her name. Her husband and her brother had access to this computer. Her husband placed files on the computer of his affairs. She read them. She sold the computer to keep it from him! It was her computer in her name. I bought it for a very cheap price. Her files and photos were still on the computer. I had to have it cleaned at a computer shop. I got rid of all the old files. Now with every tune up Windows One tries to restore them. I do not need nor want them restored. What can I do? I paid a lot of money to clean this thing! Help!?!

Ken

Monday, November 24, 2008 9:26 PM

Answers

• OneCare does not restore files that were deleted - not during Tune-up, not during backup. It can only restore files that it backed up. Go back to the computer shop if you believe that the files are still there.

I suspect that you are being prompted by OneCare to configure backup - for your files. You can do this by opening OneCare, clicking on Configure Backup and following the prompts to enable backup (of your files) or by unchecking the "turn on backup for this PC" option and you will not be prompted to backup files again.

-steve

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:24 PM

All replies

• Oh by the way I got this computer for erotic adult use, as I am an erotic artist! I will continue this vein as it is what I have been doing since I was a very young boy! I draw and paint, "nudies", as my Mother calls them.I have done this since I could hold a pencil or brush. Trying to find an art gallery in the Bible Belt that would show my stuff has been futile, no way!  My gallery has to be on the internet! Not my choice.

Kennith Autie Umperovitch 

Monday, November 24, 2008 9:38 PM
  • OneCare does not restore files that were deleted - not during Tune-up, not during backup. It can only restore files that it backed up. Go back to the computer shop if you believe that the files are still there.

I suspect that you are being prompted by OneCare to configure backup - for your files. You can do this by opening OneCare, clicking on Configure Backup and following the prompts to enable backup (of your files) or by unchecking the "turn on backup for this PC" option and you will not be prompted to backup files again.

-steve

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:24 PM