Live Mesh Synchronization Issue RRS feed

• Question

•  Ever since I put the Live client on my iMac at work on Friday, my Vista x64 machine at home will not stop upoading files. It's been doing this for three days now and I've even shut down my Mesh agents on all of my other machines. Why would it keep doing that? It's almost like it's not picking up the correct synch information.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 1:02 PM

Answers

• I have submitted a bug through Connect with the logs. The Connect ID is 379685.

I'm thinking now that it might be related to the P2P sharing that was enabled with the latest update. I have been tinkering with the synchronization settings for all of my machines and right now I only have two of them running. They are both uploading files like mad so I'm going to see how it pans out.  It may be that it's just taking an extremely long time for all of my machines to sync up.

Thanks for your help!
    Monday, November 3, 2008 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In order to investigate this further, we need to take a look at the logs - from the Vista x64 computer at least, though logs from other machines might help as well.  If you wouldn't mind, please open a bug and attach your logs (instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums).  After you've submitted your bug, you can post the Connect Feedback ID here - which will allow others to view and validate it, as well as make it easier for me to track internally.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 6:28 PM
  • I have submitted a bug through Connect with the logs. The Connect ID is 379685.

I'm thinking now that it might be related to the P2P sharing that was enabled with the latest update. I have been tinkering with the synchronization settings for all of my machines and right now I only have two of them running. They are both uploading files like mad so I'm going to see how it pans out.  It may be that it's just taking an extremely long time for all of my machines to sync up.

Thanks for your help!
    Monday, November 3, 2008 6:33 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for filing that bug so quickly.  I see it and I'll continue to track it.  If you hear back from anyone via email, please feel free to update this thread for other people that might be hitting this issue.

Thank you,

Ben.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 7:06 PM