No Product Key RRS feed

• Question

• I recently bought two Office Home and Student 2007 Packages from E-buyer and one of the boxes does NOT CONTAIN the Product Key label and I am therefore unable to use the software. I have tried E-buyer who refuse to replace it (have spent £10k there in the last three years and expected more from them!) and have used up several hours over two very frustrating two days talking to half of Microsofts staff who tell me to go back to E-buyer who tell me they will not accept it and that I should go back to Microsoft. Ping Pong! I dont' think I am confused or missing the point here - I AM the customer and I do have goods not fit for purpose. Surely Microsoft can trace the bar codes and production details to verify that the Product Codes have not been activated - surely someone at Microsoft can help?  The box was factory sealed and had not been tampered with, but there was no product key label in it. 
    GRS
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 9:36 AM

Answers

• Hello Garry Stokes,

Wouldn't this paragraph at the ebuyer support/returns web page apply to your situation?

"Items Faulty on Arrival

If your items are faulty on arrival, you have 28 calendar days in which to inform us of the fault (please note that for our business customers, this is 14 calendar days). Items should be returned in their original packaging complete with all accessories and documentation. Once we have verified the fault, we'll issue a replacement or full refund to you via your original payment method and reimburse your reasonable return carriage costs. We test returned items, and if a returned item is found not to be faulty by our technicians we will return the item to you, in this instance you will be liable for the return carriage. "

(From http://static.ebuyer.com/customer/help/index.html?action=c2hvd19ybWFfZmFx)

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 2:11 PM