Network Printer RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to link a new Officejet Pro L7780 printer that is installed on my network to my 3 networked computers with the HP install software. I have turned off One Care Live antivirus and firewall and even un-installed One Care and I have the same problem on all 3. After many calls to HP support they believe that some portions of One Care are still active, or running in background that are preventing the software from finding the printer. The printer is installed correctly. I can ping the printer and access the printer IP with the browser, and install the printer by USB, but many of the functions will not work (again because the printer is not handshaking with the software). The software continues to respond with "Network Printer Not Found". Attempts to find the printer by IP, Host Name or MAC address or divining rod won't work either. HP has thrown up their hands and believes it is a firewall or antivirus problem, although some other HP software programs will find the printer. All of the settings for the permissions appear to be correct HP has suggested a list of exceptions to install for both program.exe and ports.

RDDCSE

Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:46 PM

Answers