Email router removing Inbox emails when they reach the queue RRS feed

• Question

•  

I don't admin the CRM Email Router for our organization, and our IT department is having quite a lot of problems with it.  I want to know if the Email Router does something that I think it should.

We have a sales@ Outlook mailbox, and we have a Sales Queue.  I want email going into the Inbox in Outlook to be routed to the Queue, and then I want the successfully routed email to be deleted, flagged, or moved from the Inbox to somewhere else.

This way we don't have to monitor the Inbox and the Queue.  Of course, due to the wonders of Microsoft, the Email Router hangs quite a bit, so if the Inbox stuff doesn't get routed to CRM, I want it to stay in the Inbox, and we'll check there.  But I don't want to handle email twice. 

Is this possible?  If so, is it documented somewhere on how to set up the CRM Email Router to do this?

Thanks!

Mark Rockwell

Rockton Software

Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

Maybe my scenario is a little bit different, but i would like to give some insight. I am using E-Mail router to convert the incoming email arrived at a mailbox into a case. From my current experience, the emails after it's converted as an Activity, the actual emails itself are still in the Inbox, unless the Administrator manually clears it. The E-mail router is not clearing the emails.

Probably you can refer to the following article for reference :

http://geekswithblogs.net/thibbard/archive/2006/08/13/87838.aspx

hope this helps,

hadi teo

haditeo.wordpress.com

Friday, January 9, 2009 2:48 AM