multiple PC's RRS feed

• Question

• I have one PC in MT and one in AZ (snowbird).  Wife lives in AZ andcomes here in summer and I go there in winter.  Will I still be able to have these PC's under one One Care?

Sunday, April 6, 2008 10:49 PM

Answers

• Once One Care is installed you are protected even if you travel and as far as I can tell the physical location of the computers on your subscription doesn't matter.

Monday, April 7, 2008 2:34 AM

All replies

• Once One Care is installed you are protected even if you travel and as far as I can tell the physical location of the computers on your subscription doesn't matter.

Monday, April 7, 2008 2:34 AM
  • If one of the PCs is a hub (or both) reflecting the status of OneCare's health on the other PC in your subscription, when the PCs are not on the same LAN the status may be delayed for an hour or more as it has to go through the OneCare servers. Note, also, that you won't be able to perform Centralized backup via the Internet.

-steve

Monday, April 7, 2008 5:21 PM
  • How do invoke the Live One Care software on a second PC.  Subscription supports 3 PC.

Note the Second PC has a different E-mail address

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 1:14 PM
  • Go to  - http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/install/addcomputerinstall.htm sign in using the Live ID and password associated with your subscription and follow the instructions.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 1:24 PM
  •  Cheers54embarq wrote:

How do invoke the Live One Care software on a second PC.  Subscription supports 3 PC.

Note the Second PC has a different E-mail address

As Jim noted, to add a PC to a Circle, it needs to be activated as part of your subscription. All copies of OneCare need to be activated with the same LiveID, which is the subscription ID. It might also be the email address you use on the primary computer, but the LiveID and the email address used by whatever email program you use does not need to match. The critical part is that the LiveID for your subscription is used to activate OneCare.

-steve

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:13 PM