OneCare problem. Have searched forums but no answer RRS feed

• Question

• Encountering multiple problems since installing OneCare. 

1. When trying to connect to a webpage constantly receive a new page that says my internet connection has been lost.  This is not the case as other pages are functioning properly.  If I click the back button it will then take me to the page I was originally trying to connect to. 

2. When trying to connect to a webpage or click on a link within a site it will redirect to a Google Image page and say the image cannot be found.  Again when I click the back button it will properly connect to the page I wanted. 

3. After finally connecting to a page most pictures on the page do not appear but are just a red X. 

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing OneCare with no solution.  None of these problems existed before installing OneCare.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Sunday, November 29, 2009 12:53 AM

Answers

• Do you have any other security software installed on the PC? It needs to be removed, possibly with a cleanup tool from the vendor.
    If you have removed OneCare without a change, then my suggestion to turn off the Firewall to see if the problem goes away is a moot point.
    What operating system are you using?
    What web browser?
    If you are using IE8, try going to tools/Internet options/Advanced and resetting to default.
    If none of the above helps, and you believe that OneCare is the cause, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

To me, it seems like a browser issue, a potential conflict with other security software fully or partially installed, or an infection of some sort that has broken the network stack.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 2:42 AM