Attendee cannot download software RRS feed

• General discussion

• We use tools such as this to provide remote assistance to our customers. Many of our customers do not have administrative privileges on their machines and their network administrator has locked down their machine so software cannot be installed. Competitive products (such as WebEx) download temporary files to the temp folder to bypass this issue. It appears this product along with Live Meeting and etc. require the file be installed in Program Files which is not allowed. Needless to say - our customers cannot install the file. We would love to use a Microsoft product so our suggestion would be to find a way to allow for truly web based access or find a way to install without needing permissions on the local machine.
    Monday, July 23, 2007 4:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Anonymous-One,

Thank you for your interest in SharedView and the great suggestion.

I have logged the suggestion in our database for future release consideration.

Thank you for using SharedView and have a nice day.

Tony Lee

Monday, July 23, 2007 6:11 PM
  • Just wanted to add my voice to the request - with over 2000 users, we cannot give everyone Admin rights, and it just frustrates users who get these invitations and find out right before the meeting that they cannot connect.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:23 AM
  • I'm also adding to this request - in a corporate environment most users do not have admin rights and so the product cannot be used. Any plans to solve this?
    Monday, February 2, 2009 12:23 PM