ApplyChanges in custom sync provider RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've created a custom sync provider to use as a remote provider whilst using the SqlCeClientSyncProvider as the local provider.

I'm finding it works one way (into the SqlCe database), but when ApplyChanges is called bringing the changed data back out, the dataset which is passed as the second parameter has the rows in as modified, but the rows don't contain the original row data.  The row information only contains the modified data as original and current versions of the row.  I presume it is possible to get this information?

Thanks in advance...

Andy.
    • Moved by Tina_Tian Friday, April 22, 2011 8:03 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Monday, October 13, 2008 3:21 PM

All replies

• Andy,

Why did you forgo using DbServerSyncProvider on the server?  This provider supports any database with a corresponding ADO.NET provider.  If you are attempting to synchronize with a database that does not have an ADO.NET provider, the Sync Framework allows you to implement your own provider and I would definitely reckoned that you pursue that route vs. attempting to hook SqlCeClientSyncProvider with a custom provider.  More details regarding your targeted scenario would help a lot.

Sean Kelley

Program Manager

Microsoft

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:53 PM