Restrict particular marketing lists to a group of users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have read the other threads regarding this but it doesn't solve my problem.

At the moment all marketing lists are available to all users.

I have a few particular marketing lists (A,B,C) that I want to be restricted to only a few users.

I have tried explicitly sharing marketing lists (A,B,C) to a team of users that should have access to these lists.

How do I restrict users to the the same lists (A,B,C) who are NOT in these groups?

Monday, August 13, 2012 2:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

To restrict access of Marketing Lists to all users, you'll need to implement security Privileges on all security roles and have a strategy that governs their access depending on the owner of the marketing list.

So in your example, if you have some marketing lists that must be restricted to only a certain group of users, you'll need to ensure that those users are in a separate business unit, and that all users have only 'Business Unit' access set on marketing lists in their security role privileges.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, August 13, 2012 10:17 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

To restrict access of Marketing Lists to all users, you'll need to implement security Privileges on all security roles and have a strategy that governs their access depending on the owner of the marketing list.

So in your example, if you have some marketing lists that must be restricted to only a certain group of users, you'll need to ensure that those users are in a separate business unit, and that all users have only 'Business Unit' access set on marketing lists in their security role privileges.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, August 13, 2012 10:17 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you this answers my question exactly.
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:56 AM