SQL 2008r2 Server Migration & CRM Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Situation:

CRM2011 was setup correctly and was functionally correctly, but then the SQL Server went belly up. So the .mdf/.ldf files were recovered from the 'data' directory and a new SQL server was setup an another machine. The "MSCRM_CONFIG" database was restored to the new SQL server and the registry key for CRM Deployment Software now point at this new server and more specifically the database once again. The CRM Deployment Manger can access the MSCRM_CONFIG database and also view the organizations within it.

Problem:

The organization databases have not been brought back into SQL server because when I try a name conflict arises, or a few other errors. I can give specifics if needed. But my question is how do I recover the organization databases and have the CRM Deployment Manager software view the correct database. Currently when I try to "edit organization" it will give an error message saying it can not be found (normal) and then will close.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks so much

*If there is anything that needs to be described more, or more clearly - please let me know *

• Edited by WorkingAway Thursday, January 5, 2012 9:33 PM
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 9:10 PM

Answers

All replies