Combine Triggers with Task Scheduler RRS feed

• General discussion

• Is it possible to access Task Scheduler v2.0 from Windows 10 64-bit? Windows Search only shows v.1.0.

Pls suggest how to edit Task Scheduler v.1.0 XML file to accomplish this:

- a task that must start any day at 1st PC wakeup, if wakeup happens outside of set time period 9am-to-5pm, and should run only once a day

Are there any Manuals & References of a scope of Task Scheduler functions & commands & examples available when editing a Task XML file?
    • Edited by sambul71 Friday, April 29, 2016 5:06 PM
    • Changed type Bill_Stewart Tuesday, June 7, 2016 7:53 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Tuesday, June 7, 2016 7:53 PM This is not "teach me how to use the task scheduler" forum
    Friday, April 29, 2016 5:04 PM

All replies

• Create a task the way that you want it, then export.

Then edit the exported task, make the changes you want, save, then import again.

If you get errors, start over.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Friday, April 29, 2016 7:10 PM
  • Can someone suggest XML code for the above task?

It seems Task Scheduler documentation is scars and provides neither examples, no guidance of correct Task Scheduler XML command syntax, despite GUI functionality is quite limited.

• Edited by sambul71 Saturday, April 30, 2016 12:44 PM
    Saturday, April 30, 2016 12:41 PM
  • It seems Task Scheduler documentation is scars and provides neither examples, no guidance of correct Task Scheduler XML command syntax, despite GUI functionality is quite limited.

Have you actually looked on the Internet. It seems to me that the Task Scheduler 2.0 has been around since Windows Vista which is now more than 10 years. There are hundreds of articles and examples if you just look.

\_(ツ)_/

Saturday, April 30, 2016 1:20 PM
  • To find the answer to you question it took me less than one minute with google.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa383611(v=vs.85).aspx

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Saturday, April 30, 2016 1:24 PM
    Saturday, April 30, 2016 1:22 PM