HP EX470 and iTunes Synchronization - only one way? RRS feed

• Question

• All seems to be working perfectly with the iTunes synchronization from my desktop to the HP EX470, however, when items are deleted from my desktop, they are not deleted on the EX470. It would seem that the EX470 is not performing true synchronization, but just a copy. Is this as designed, or a bug? Anyone else seeing the same?

Doug

Thursday, December 6, 2007 4:37 AM

Answers

• In the documentation, the tool that copies iTunes music from your local PC to the servewr is pretty consistently referred to as an "aggregator". To me that implies that it's a one-way sync; your client PC contributes to the server's iTunes library but doesn't have the ability to remove anything from it.
    Thursday, December 6, 2007 12:57 PM

All replies

• In the documentation, the tool that copies iTunes music from your local PC to the servewr is pretty consistently referred to as an "aggregator". To me that implies that it's a one-way sync; your client PC contributes to the server's iTunes library but doesn't have the ability to remove anything from it.
    Thursday, December 6, 2007 12:57 PM
  • Very good point. The term "aggregator" does connotate one-way. I am sure you are correct. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll probably use SyncToy to manage the deletions.

Thursday, December 6, 2007 2:12 PM
  • Personally, I use robocopy. It's a command-line tool, but can be automated in several ways, and it's much more robust than SyncToy. There's even a GUI front end.
    Thursday, December 6, 2007 4:33 PM