Constant script prompts when on line. Why and how to turn off? I can't find the answer under TOOLS RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am running Windows XP HOME

IE7

Windows Live One Care

Recently, each time I go on line I get one of those mickey mouse lock and key pop ups saying scripts are usually safe and asking a Go or NO GO. The first two or three times is a nuisance, each and every time I change pages is a real pain in the A...

Saturday, February 16, 2008 7:42 AM

Answers

• In IE, go to Tools/ Internet Options and the Security Tab. Reset the security to default for the Internet zone.

You should not be seeing this for typical browsing. I suspect that you may have a toolbar of add-in installed in IE that is causing this. Tools/Manage Add-ons and then enable/disable. Turn off all add-ons and see if the problem goes away. If it does, enable them one at a time until you locate the culprit.

You can also contact OneCare support for help - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Sunday, February 17, 2008 6:59 PM

All replies

• In IE, go to Tools/ Internet Options and the Security Tab. Reset the security to default for the Internet zone.

You should not be seeing this for typical browsing. I suspect that you may have a toolbar of add-in installed in IE that is causing this. Tools/Manage Add-ons and then enable/disable. Turn off all add-ons and see if the problem goes away. If it does, enable them one at a time until you locate the culprit.

You can also contact OneCare support for help - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Sunday, February 17, 2008 6:59 PM
  • Stephen thank you for your response.

I reset the security and then checke out add ons 5 were active, three of those indicating they came from Microsoft. I disabled everything and re-booted only to find that the two from Spybot Search and Destroy were back, but the original problem was gone.

Don Taylor

Monday, February 18, 2008 4:25 AM
  • Glad to hear that is resolved.

-steve

Monday, February 18, 2008 3:42 PM