Dashboard appears at startup for Multi User Hub RRS feed

• Question

• I have multiple users on my hub machine.  The dashboard some times shows up for them when they log in.  I think this happens when the backup fails (this happens nightly).  How can I make it so that the dashboard doesn't open when they log in?

Friday, July 27, 2007 3:35 AM

Answers

• Further clarification - yes, the hub PC will indeed display the alert for a status change reported to the hub for a monitored PC. If the hub and the monitored PC are online within the LAN, the alert will appear immediately, when that status changes - green to yellow or red, or red or yellow back to green. If the hub is powered off, the alerts will appear as soon as it connects if the monitored PC is on. If the monitored PC is off, when it connects (user logs in) the alert will appear on the hub.

-steve

Friday, July 27, 2007 11:32 PM

All replies

• If the remote PCs have an alert that requires attention, the hub will display the alert as the hub PC can take action. When it appears, what is the status of the remote PC in the hub dashboard?

-steve

Friday, July 27, 2007 11:06 PM
  • Further clarification - yes, the hub PC will indeed display the alert for a status change reported to the hub for a monitored PC. If the hub and the monitored PC are online within the LAN, the alert will appear immediately, when that status changes - green to yellow or red, or red or yellow back to green. If the hub is powered off, the alerts will appear as soon as it connects if the monitored PC is on. If the monitored PC is off, when it connects (user logs in) the alert will appear on the hub.

-steve

Friday, July 27, 2007 11:32 PM
  • As the hub administrator, I don't have an issue with seeing the alerts - although I would rather see it as a yellow or red status icon or toast message.  I don't believe other users of the hub computer should have the dashboard openned and have to take an action such as closing the window because of the status change.

Thoughts on how to make this configurable or on a per user basis?

Sunday, July 29, 2007 4:39 PM