Custom outlook link RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a CRM 2013 client who will use the E-mail filing functionality for most of their work. However some e-mails are particularly sensitive and should only be seen by some users. As security will not support selective visibility of some e-mails  other than perhaps using business units which will not work here, the best approach seems to be to create a custom activity to store such e-mails.

The user could obviously copy/paste e-mails but this is labour intensive. Also faced with a single click to file an e-mail with the Outlook add-in or copy paste, even sensitive e-mails could be misfiled.

One solution might be a second custom Outlook add-in to support such filing (e.g. File to Sensitive E-mail). Does anyone know of such a solution or have any other suggestions.

Thanks

Paul

Friday, August 29, 2014 3:53 PM

All replies

• you could change default read permissions for email activity as user owned. Then share specific emails that other users need tosee.records can be shared with users or teams.

Regards,

Jithesh

Saturday, August 30, 2014 12:02 AM
  • Thanks Jithesh

A good suggestion. I guess the major problem would be providing an easy way for users to indicate if it was private or not. We'd have a plugin setting it to be shared with a team of everyone unless the user did something. Also slightly concerned about the number of records in the tables which CRM uses for this (Principalobjectaccess I think) which with lots of sharing can get huge and hamper performance.

Paul

Saturday, August 30, 2014 7:05 AM
  • Hi Paul,

You are correct. If bulk of activities are public and a subset of the activities are to be made private, then all activities could be shared by default with teams. There are custom workflow activities in codeplex to unshare activities. And can be run by users on demand.

regards,

Jithesh
    Saturday, August 30, 2014 9:07 AM