Do 70-271 and 70-271 (MSDST) have to be taken together. RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting ready to take the MSDST exams and I was wondering if these two exams have ot be taken together in a single shot of they can be taken separately? Thanks.
    Friday, March 6, 2009 4:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    You confused me at first as you are listing the same exam number twice.  For the MSDST you will need to take two exams:

70-271 Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
    and
    70-272 Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System

You do not need to take both exams at the same time but do need to pass both to earn the MSDST certification.
    Here is the link to the MSDST site:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/requirements.mspx

It has information about requirements and links to a variety of materials to help you prepare for the exams.
    Good luck,

Mike Corkery, MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS, etc.

• Marked as answer by xenger Friday, March 6, 2009 7:32 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2009 7:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    You confused me at first as you are listing the same exam number twice.  For the MSDST you will need to take two exams:

70-271 Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
    and
    70-272 Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System

You do not need to take both exams at the same time but do need to pass both to earn the MSDST certification.
    Here is the link to the MSDST site:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/requirements.mspx

It has information about requirements and links to a variety of materials to help you prepare for the exams.
    Good luck,

Mike Corkery, MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS, etc.

• Marked as answer by xenger Friday, March 6, 2009 7:32 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2009 7:10 PM
  • Thanks, that was a typo and I did mean 70-271 and 70-272 but you knew that. Thank you for your answer. =)
    Friday, March 6, 2009 7:32 PM