CRM Server and ADFS on Same Server - same IP? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

Quick question - I'm having trouble getting claims-based auth and IFD set up. I have ADFS 2.0 and CRM 2011 installed on the same server - with ADFS 2.0 on the default website. CRM is on a different website.

We have CRM actually on a separate IP address, because you can only have one SSL website per IP (this is from my network admin - it's outside of my knowledge how all that works). But the documentation doesn't mention a separate IP, it just mentions a separate website. With ADFS and CRM running on 2 IPs on the same server, we can't get the bindings right to finish the claims-based authentication set up without breaking access to CRM (step "Set Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011 binding to HTTPS and configure the root domain Web addresses" in guide for Claims-Based Authentication).

Can someone clarify for me - is there a way to have CRM and ADFS on the same computer without a separate IP?

Thanks,

Andy

Web: http://invoc.net
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:31 PM

Answers

• You can use the same IP but use different ports to seperate the 2 websites.  ADFS should be on the default website using port 443.  CRM can be on a different site using a different port such as port 555.

Marc Collins www.QGate.co.uk
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:02 PM