none
Code Security on the host server

Question

• Hi,

Can someone please advise me of how secure is the code (the code behind or aspx.vb page) when a website is transferred to a web host.  Specifically, could a third party see or view the code behind on my webpages?  Would the answer be the same for a website employee or a potential hacker?

If it is possible for a third party to access the code behind, is there anyway to insure that the code can not be displayed?

Thank you,

Blue

BLUE GOULDING

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Wednesday, October 21, 2015 3:53 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Friday, May 29, 2015 4:03 PM

Answers

• Hello,

This should have been asked in Microsoft's ASP.Net forums:

http://forums.asp.net/

As Microsoft's ASP.Net forums are on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 3:53 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The MSDN, TechNet and Expression Library Feedback forum is to "Help improve the Library Experience in MSDN, TechNet and Expression by providing feedback on features, bugs, look and feel or by just providing suggestions". This is not a support forum.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 3:52 PM
  • Hello,

This should have been asked in Microsoft's ASP.Net forums:

http://forums.asp.net/

As Microsoft's ASP.Net forums are on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Karl

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 3:53 PM