Wrong category while suppressing message RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with visual studio for project building and warning resolution.
    And for deployment purpose i am using azure pipelines.

suppression logic works in visual studio 
    but the azure pipeline does not recognize suppression in global suppression.

upon investigation i found that azure recognizes 
    [assembly: System.Diagnostics.CodeAnalysis.SuppressMessage("Microsoft.Performance", "CA1822:MarkMembersAsStatic", Scope = "member", Target = "
    But when i am use visual studio suppression then it generates below code

[assembly: System.Diagnostics.CodeAnalysis.SuppressMessage("Performance", "CA1822:Mark members as static", Justification = "<Pending>", Scope = "member", Target = "
    I am not able to figure out what to do and how to resolve this.

I am using visual studio version 4.8.03752
    and for code analysis i am using VSIX extension named "Microsoft Code Analysis 2019"
    Please provide some solution as i was not able to find any article related to this online. 
    Monday, May 11, 2020 6:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Kelvin Kamani,

Thank you for posting here.

After confirming with my colleagues, I think it may be better for you to ask this question in the Developer Community, they may have experience in dealing with such issues.

The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 11, 2020 8:48 AM