web service RRS feed

• Question

• i want a web service which can perform searching of people of uk/us/canada can any body give me
    • Moved by Allen Chen - MSFT Thursday, October 28, 2010 6:37 AM not WCF issue (From:Windows Communication Foundation)
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 4:42 AM

Answers

• There isn't a forum for this. Contact the authority (for each state if you need to search US) if you have enough clearance.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 1:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Mohit,

Could you please provide more details for your requirements.

Pathik Rawal Blog: http://pathikhrawal.wordpress.com
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 3:59 PM
  • On 10/22/2010 11:42 PM, mohittiwari wrote:
    > i want a web service which can perform searching of people of
    > uk/us/canada can any body give me

Then you need to subscribe to a 3rd party vendor Web service that has a
    search engine that does it. You Web service can call the 3rd party
    vendor's Web service.

Saturday, October 23, 2010 6:00 PM
  • you can have a look at this :

http://www.ukpeoplefinder.com/index.asp

But remember , if the service that you would be referring to gets down for any reason , then you should plan an alternate approach as well , suc as checking the service if its responding or not if not then referring to some other service , or perhaps saying sorry to you're users :)....

why don't you make such a service yourself ? Its not always a good idea to refer to 3rd party services as you're application will be dependent .

Ulys
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 10:25 AM
  • how can i get it
    Monday, October 25, 2010 5:43 AM
  • There isn't a forum for this. Contact the authority (for each state if you need to search US) if you have enough clearance.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 1:05 PM