How to Move CRM from SRV1 to SRV2 on same domaine RRS feed

• General discussion

• Deara ll,

I have a running CRM environnement on Windows Server 2008 R2 . That runing server is a DC

Now I just got a new server on whish I want to completly move the all CRM on that serrver running Windows Server enterprise on sam domaine that previous server.

What steps houd I do to get everything running on new server in order to totally remove CRM form first server afterwards.

is is enough to install a fresh CRM on Server 2 and then restore the OrgName_MSCRM database from server 1 ?

Thnaks for your steps to follow ?

reagrds

serge

Your knowledge is enhanced by that of others.
    Monday, July 4, 2011 6:10 PM

All replies

• Are you running CRM 4 or CRM 2011?

Also, it sounds as if you are moving the SQL Server as well.

If you are installing SQL Server , then you will need to backup and restore the OrgName_MSCRM database (but not the MSCRM_CONFIG database).

Then do  a new installation of CRM on server 2. This will create a new organisation( which you can later delete). After installation use the deployment manager to import the OrgName organisation.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:39 PM
  • I am using CRM 2011.

SO far this I ahve done all what you describe exept that at the point I use the deployement configuration I have trouble.

Frist when it prompt for the SQL server to get the organisation from, I select my SQL server instance on SRV01 like : SRV01\MSSQLSERV_CRM

Then when I click on Organisation name list box, after a while it says It cant' connect to instance.

I have try same operation by trying a connection by creatinf and ODBC datasource, I can connect to the SRV01\MSSQLSERVER_CRM but could not brows the CRM database, I can see only default

Any idea ? 

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:52 AM
  • after a reboot of the machine I was able to connect to organisation
    Friday, July 8, 2011 7:31 PM